The number one reason people buy a book is because they have a connection to the author. This connection can come in a variety of forms:
- They personally know the author.
- They have heard the author speak.
- They have read other books by the author.
- The author is an influencer they listen to, watch, or follow.
- They have a friend or family member who has recommended the author or book.
- A publication or organization they trust recommends the book.
Sometimes people buy books they discover in a bookstore or online because they are looking for a good read or a book on a particular subject to help them with a problem they have. However, the majority of the time, people purchase a book because they have some type of connection to the author.
Are you making connections with readers?
I recently heard a speaker say that there are four reasons…
View original post 229 more words